Announcement: We are pleased to announce our new course, “Video editing with DaVinci Resolve,” will launch on July 5, 2022. This course will offer you a solid introduction that will get you up and running fast. It runs weekly over 8 weeks from July to August.
About the software
DaVinci Resolve is absolutely one of the best tools for media creators – and it’s absolutely free. There is a paid version but the free version is packed with pro features.
About the course
The course is an 8-week overview that features one module per week. Our course is designed for video beginners or those with only elementary video editing experience, or anyone who wants to get up to speed with essential media production software.
The course will cover:
- Overview of DaVinci Resolve user interface
- Organizing and importing clips
- Timeline editing including trimming clips, cropping and adjusting clip properties
- Fixing shaky video with stabilization
- Editing and cleaning up audio, adding music or sound effects
- Colour grading and colour correction
- Creating titles and simple motion graphics
- Exporting and rendering final work
Each week will require 1-2 hours of your time. The course is asynchronous and is based on pre-recorded lectures and videos. Assignments are provided which require regular communication with the instructor. A final project requires you to produce a short video.
About the instructor
Mike Simpson is your instructor. He is a designer-educator from Toronto, specializing in graphic design, websites and media production. Mike acquired his expertise with time-based media through electronic music production. He teaches software like Photoshop and After Effects at Centennial College, and created Tdot Studio in 2021.
Please communicate with Mike via email ([email protected]).
See you in the course! Looking forward to working with you!