This year we had a great line-up of photo walks. Obviously they have been cancelled thus far. We hope we might resume, if conditions allow it, sometime in fall. It depends on the restrictions on groups and how people feel about it.
We will continue to monitor the advice and restrictions from the Governments of Ontario and Toronto. When it comes to gatherings, at this time we urge you to maintain social distancing, wear masks indoors and in tight public spaces, and avoid large groups outside of your household. We stressed for our contest from May 15- July 1 that participants should stay home and work on edits and otherwise “shoot local.” It’s still a good approach.
This year we were especially looking forward to walks like the Osgoode Hall walk which was a success last year, and the introduction of new walks like Contact Photo Festival (downtown from Allen Gardens to Ryerson) and the summertime Indigeous Arts Festival walk at Fort York (which would have happened June 21).
For reference here’s the original list of walks:
- March 21 – U of T (First Day of Spring Walk) – CANCELLED
- May 3 – Allen Gardens to Ryerson U. Image Centre (Contact Photo Walk) – CANCELLED
- May 24 – Osgoode Hall to City Hall (Doors Open Walk) – CANCELLED
- June 21 – Fort York (Solstice & Indigenous Arts Festival Walk) – CANCELLED
Walks we hope might take place if conditions are right:
- September 13 – U of T (Back to School Walk) SOLD OUT
- September 20 – U of T – Registration via email required
- October 25 – High Park (Fall Walk)
- December 20 – CBD aka Central Business District to Gooderham Building / St. Lawrence Market
Until then, stay safe and enjoy your photography!